Our global skincare client based in Cape Town CBD are looking to add a Logistics Coordinator to the team.
The role involves coordinating the export of products and merchandise to 130+ countries and the import of raw materials and machinery for procurement and production teams.
• Building and maintaining an excellent working relationship with appointed freight forwarders
• Compiling country-specific export and import documentation
• Booking suitable shipments with freight forwarders to meet commitments to customers
• Capturing data in business systems to inform customers
• Monitoring and tracking shipments
• Facilitating customs clearance of materials and goods with freight forwarders
• Troubleshooting and expediting shipments that have been held-up
• Continuously identifying opportunities to improve service delivery and efficiency
• Contributing to on-going process automation
The successful applicant will have a Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 3 years’ relevant export-import or similar operational and administrative experience; show exceptionally high attention to detail; possess good communication skills and be comfortable dealing with people at all levels within the organisation; demonstrate strong administrative & coordination and collaboration skills. Proficiency in MS Excel, the ability to use general business systems; being highly service-orientated, organised, proactive and efficient.
Our client has grown over a seventeen-year period, from a local business to a global, distributor- networked company operating in 130+ countries. It has leapfrogged hundred-year-old multinationals to become one of the most globally efficient companies in the skincare industry. It achieved this with a single-minded focus in developing and finessing systems and processes in every aspect of the business.